According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, people may take action everyday to stay healthy in the wake of the recent human swine flu outbreak.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-t0-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.
- If you get sick, CDC recommends you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.