Fire damage and water damage are the two most common types of property damage occurring in the U.S. In fact, it is estimated that almost 20,000 people are killed or injured in various fire accidents across the country. This can only mean that there is extensive property damage as well. As for water damage, it is estimated that almost 20% of property insurance claims are related to costs incurred in water restoration.
However, a professional fire restoration service or a professional water restoration can do a great job of bringing back your home to its pre-accident state. Here is a brief summary of what a professional fire restoration or water restoration contractor will be able to do for your property.
Professional fire restoration services
- The contractor will first analyze the type of fire that has occurred in your property. This can be identified by the type of smoke that has been generated. Fire damage and smoke damage go hand in hand and only a contractor will know how to treat smoke damage of various kinds. Smoke can penetrate porous materials such as ceilings, walls and other materials and can stay for several months unless they are treated by a fire restoration company.
- The fire and water restoration contractor will also decide what can be salvaged and what will have to be discarded. Scorched furniture or singed carpets can probably be restored with various chemicals.
- A good fire restoration service will also treat your property for damage caused by an extinguisher such as a foam extinguisher. If water was used to put out the fire, water restoration will also be carried out accordingly.
Professional restoration of water damage
- There are many different types of water damage and they are usually classified as Class 1, Class 2, Class 3 and Class 4. A contractor will analyze the extent of damage and take steps accordingly.
- Professional restoration services will give you the best chance to recover from water damage as they will have a lot of manpower and all the heavy equipment that will help with a speedy recovery. For example, they will have many dehumidifiers, water pumps, dryers and portable pumps that will be used collectively to get the water out as soon as possible. When it comes to water damage, the best recovery is possible only when the restoration work is carried out immediately after the damage has occurred. Restoration contractors and their teams work around the clock and will be at your property in no time once you give them a call.
- The restoration company will also solve any mold problems that might arise out of water damage.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5964612